This is it. The Christmas anticipation around our house has reached a fever pitch, the likes of which I haven't seen since I was drafting my own letters to Santa. Fueled by winter's blustery, scene stealing entrance (and a fair amount of holiday baking), my daughter can barely contain her joy and expectation. Even if she isn't exactly sure of what it is she's waiting for.
As with other holidays, we have our preferred soundtrack painting a musical backdrop for our fun. This Christmas, we're loving:
1. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) U2
2. Christmas Blues Eric Clapton & John Popper
3. St. Nicholas Sheryl Cormier & Cajun Sounds
4. Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer The Temptations
5. Happy Christmas John & Yoko
6. Do They Know It's Christmas? Band Aid (I know, I know.)
7. Silver Bells Stevie Wonder
8. White Christmas Los Reyes
9. Oh Holy Night Traci Chapman (Possibly my very favorite version.)
10. What Child Is This Dan Crary (Gorgeous acoustic guitar.)
11. Gabriel's Message Sting
Fa la la la la, Mamas! Happy Holidays!