I've mentioned that my Little One loves to "mix it up" with me in the kitchen lately. This recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies is one of our favorites.
Olivia's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 sticks of softened butter (1/2 pound)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed--a dash more than this doesn't hurt
1 tablespoon vanilla *
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon of cinnamon *
a dash of salt
3 cups of uncooked oats
1-1/2 cups raisins*
*This recipe calls for a bit more vanilla, cinnamon and raisins than others I've tried; this is what makes these cookies so hard to resist.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Beat blended sugars and butter together until creamy
3. Beat in vanilla and eggs
4. Combine baking soda, flour, cinnamon, salt in a separate bowl; add to sugars, butter, etc., mix well.
5. Add oats, raisins. Stir until fully combined.
6. Placed tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden.
8. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to parchment paper or wire rack.
This recipe yields about 4 dozen delicious cookies. Enjoy!