- Of the women between ages 15 and 19 murdered each year, 30% are killed by their husband or boyfriend.
- 1 in 3 teenagers report knowing a friend or peer who has been hit, punched, kicked, slapped, choked or physically hurt by their partner.
- More than 1 million women are stalked each year in the U.S.
- 56% of corporate leaders today say they are aware of employees within their organizations who are affected by violence against women.
- 54% of parents admit they have not spoken to their children about dating violence.
Well ladies, it's time to speak up.
I'll be blogging and tweeting live this morning from the Liz Claiborne showroom, in the middle of their "It's Time to Talk" day activities. Personalities, experts, advocates and survivors are all getting together on this issue today and raising their collective voices. Today is a day to move this issue out of the darkness and into the light.
What can you do? Well, you can:
Blog, tweet, Facebook. Call your best friend. Talk to anyone and everyone who will listen today. Make it your problem. Please? Our kids are counting on us to try to sort some of this out, before they have to.
Suzy is talking about it.
Ann is talking about it.
Stefania is talking about it.
Linda is talking about it.
Are you talking about it?